THINKING ABOUT ONE'S FUTURE CAN BE AN ANXIETY-PROVOKING EXPERIENCE. HOWEVER, IT IS LESS SCARY WHEN YOU HAVE A GOOD PLAN IN PLACE./
If you want to make the future an easier thing for your loved ones to manage, plotting out your estate is one of the most important steps you can take. That’s why Hall Law Firm, P.L.C. offers estate planning and will services for our clients in and around Sioux City, Iowa. We would like to tell you more about what we can do for you and how our firm can help assure the future for your loved ones and, in the process, help you achieve peace of mind.
First, it is important to realize that having an estate plan is an excellent idea for everyone. This is true for those who are young as well as for those who are older. For parents of minor children, having a plan in place to care for the kids is one of the best ways you can assure their long-term care.
Even those whose families are grown and independent want to ensure that that the financial resources they have worked hard to amass are passed on to the next generation. The law team at Hall Law Firm, P.L.C. knows that every family’s dynamics, financial goals, and living arrangements are unique. As such, we will work hard to create a plan that is designed just for you and your loved ones.
Some of the services we offer in the area of estate planning include, but are not limited to:
- Probate – Probate is the “act of proving a will.” If someone close to you passes, with or without a will, probate may be necessary to assure that the estate is properly dispersed.
- Last Will and Testament – We create wills to help assure YOUR estate is handled according to your final wishes.
- Durable Powers of Attorney (Medical and Financial) – There may be a time that someone else needs to take control of your medical or financial needs. We can help you set this up in advance so you feel confident about who will make the best decisions for you.
- Declarations Relating to Use of Life-Sustaining Treatment (Living Wills) – A living will assures you get the medical treatment you desire if life-assisting intervention is necessary.
- Revocable Trusts – This is a way of leaving part or all of your estate to someone before you pass away. It can be a good way to assure your wishes are met.
- Irrevocable Trusts – Unlike a revocable trust, this transition of assets is final. You’ll no longer own them–it is often used as a method of reducing potential tax burden.
- Medical Assistance Income Trusts (Miller Trusts) – This is a form of trust used to help an otherwise qualified individual qualify for the income caps on Medicaid. They can assure a person gets the long term care they require.
- Special or Supplemental Needs Trusts for Disabled Individuals – This trust is created for disabled or critically ill people to assure their financial needs are met for the long-term.
- Guardianships – Guardianship is a means of assigning another person to care for someone who is unable to make decisions for themselves.
- Conservatorship – Very similar to a guardianship, a conservatorship is a method of choosing someone to take care of future financial arrangements in the event a person can no longer do so.
Estate Planning in Sioux City to Meet Your Needs
The estate planning attorneys at Hall Law Firm, P.L.C. know every aspect of wills and estate planning. We have worked with many others who are in the same position you are in right now. We also understand the sensitive nature of topics like these, so we are committed to providing you with the personal attention you deserve. We want to learn more about your wishes and discuss the possibilities with you today, while you are of sound mind and body, so that we can arrange for a future that will assure the comfort and stability of you and your family.